The members of Charities Institute Ireland share a common commitment through this statement of ethical practices to promote the highest possible standards of professional conduct. All members of Charities Institute Ireland undertake the following:
• To abide by all applicable laws, statutory & voluntary codes and regulations including: I. The Charities Act 2009 II. The Companies Act 2014 III. Data Protection Act 1998 & 2003 IV. Governance Code or equivalent (eg. The Irish Development NGOs Code of Corporate Governance) V. Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public as issued by the Charities Regulator VI. Charities Institute Ireland Fundraising Codes of Good Practice VII. Code of Practice for Face to Face Fundraising
To maintain the highest levels of good governance, best practice fundraising, transparent financial reporting and support the development of these three industry standards.
• To provide a safe working environment for staff and volunteers.
• To present charitable services honestly without misrepresentation.
• To respect all intellectual property rights.
• To provide fair and responsive service to donors and beneficiaries in accordance to the organisation’s charitable purpose.
• To refrain from discriminatory practices.
• To share knowledge, expertise and skills to advance the sector while respecting the confidentiality of donors, beneficiaries and associates.
• To support the membership association by taking an active role in Charities Institute Ireland activities and promoting the association to the sector.
This Code of Conduct is a guideline and does not represent the entire scope of good conduct and ethical behaviour. Acceptance of and adherence to this Code is a condition of membership.
Published February 11, 2018 / Last modified: July 17, 2018